Set on a 400-acre woodland estate just outside the choc-box prettiness of Broadway, the Fish offers 67 contemporary-country bedrooms spread across a village-style cluster of beautifully reinvented buildings.
Cosy, laid-back and a little bit luxurious, The Fish is the perfect base for adventures in the Cotswolds, whether you strike out and explore the countryside and idyllic villages or simply stick to the grounds, taking advantage of the host of activities on offer.
- The heart of the Fish is The Lodge, where the bar, terrace and games room invite guests to while away lazy days and relaxing evenings, while next door, the restaurant – Hook promises diners the finest and freshest seafood, an afternoon tea to remember and a Sunday roast worth shouting about.
- With rooms starting at just £140 a night, The Fish delivers the warmth and personal attention of a luxury hotel stay at an enticingly accessible price tag.
- The Fish has 63 ensuite bedrooms, all decorated in a soothing Scandinavian-inspired style and including double beds, Freeview TV, free WiFi and a decent-sized desk. The Spacious Rooms have either wood-burning stoves or private outdoor patio areas, and include wet rooms and Nespresso machines. Rooms in The Stables are dog-friendly. The Fish’s newly refurbished contemporary country bedrooms and suites are located on the hillside and are spread throughout various individual buildings in the grounds. We also have 5 Hilly Huts nestled into the woodland and NEW for 2018; 3 Treehouses and 5 Hideaway Huts in the woods.
- As well as the on-site games room, tennis court and gym, The Fish has a dedicated activity team who can arrange a variety of country pursuits on the estate, including archery, pistol shooting and Segway safaris. The Fish is an ideal destination for ramblers and picnickers, and there are nature and walking trails running throughout the extensive grounds.
- Distinctive, addictive and unlike anywhere else in the Cotswolds, Hook takes dining at the Fish into new and uncharted waters. The vision of Farncombe Estate culinary director Martin Burge the all-new restaurant is a laid-back but luxurious celebration of seafood that combines the sophistication and refinement of Martin’s head-turning gastronomy with the warm and welcoming rusticity that has made the Fish a firm favourite of Cotswolds visitors and residents.
Thanks to Hook, the Fish is at long last able to live up to its name, offering a menu of the finest, freshest responsibly sourced fish, sustainable shellfish and a few timeless classics from the land. Everything is prepared with the gourmet panache you’d expect from a chef with Martin’s credentials.
- From intimate affairs to push-the-boat-out mega-parties, The Fish can host celebrations worth talking about for years to come. And, with 2 versatile meeting rooms and a dedicated activity team, it’s also the perfect venue for AGMs, away days and company events. Meeting/party rooms and private dining areas are available to book as required, but for the really big bashes, exclusive use of the whole hotel can be arranged.
- Opening times:
Lunch (mon-sat) 12pm – 2.30pm
Lunch (sun) 12pm – 3pm
Dinner 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Bar Menu 12pm – 9.30pm
Afternoon tea 2.30pm – 5pm